Search This Blog

Change Windows Server 2008 or 2012 Network Profile

Sometimes a Windows server is assigned to the incorrect network profile. It can cause applying the wrong Windows Firewall rules. Here is how to change its network profile.

For standalone server

  • Can change the profile to public or private; but cannot set to domain
  • For Windows Server 2012
    • Open PowerShell as administrator
    • Get-NetconnectionProfile | Set-NetconnectionProfile -NetworkCategory [Private | Public]
  • For Windows Server 2008 or 2012
    • gpedit.msc, Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Network List Manager Profiles
    • Select the network name, Properties, Network Location
    • Under Location Type, select Private or Public

For domain joined server

4 comments:

  1. Wow what a Great Information about World Day its very nice informative post. thanks for the post. National Wealth Center FAQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Open the Network Properites and enable version 6 again, this worked for me not sure if it will work for you, let me know www.cloudzion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was really an interesting topic and I kinda agree with what you have mentioned here! bookmetoday.com

    ReplyDelete

Use WinSCP to Transfer Files in vCSA 6.7

This is a quick update on my previous post “ Use WinSCP to Transfer Files in vCSA 6.5 ”. When I try the same SFTP server setting in vCSA 6.7...