Search This Blog

Use WinSCP to Transfer Files in vCSA 6.7

This is a quick update on my previous post “Use WinSCP to Transfer Files in vCSA 6.5”. When I try the same SFTP server setting in vCSA 6.7, it doesn’t work. But it works when removing “shell” in the setting.

So for vCSA 6.7, the SFTP server setting in WinSCP is “/usr/libexec/sftp-server

Since I upgraded my vCSA 6.5 to 6.7, I cannot test if the setting without “shell” woks in vCSA 6.5 or not. Please test and comment if you have vCSA 6.5 available.

09/15/2021 Update:

Since I discovered the above WinSCP setting in May 2020, I had not transferred files to vCSA using WinSCP until today. But the above setting doesn't work anymore. My vCSA had been updated multiple times for 6.7 patches. 

My current vCSA version 6.7 Update 3n (6.7.0.48000). The WinSCP SFTP server setting needs to be "shell /usr/libexec/sftp-server", like vCSA 6.5.

So if you have need to transfer files to vCSA 6.7 via WinSCP, try one of the following settings

  • shell /usr/libexec/sftp-server
  • /usr/libexec/sftp-server

2 comments:

  1. Very useful. The setting "/usr/libexec/sftp-server" worked for me.
    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool stuff you have got and you keep update all of us. send big file

    ReplyDelete

Use WinSCP to Transfer Files in vCSA 6.7

This is a quick update on my previous post “ Use WinSCP to Transfer Files in vCSA 6.5 ”. When I try the same SFTP server setting in vCSA 6.7...