Search This Blog

Installing vSphere Client fails with the error “VMInstallHcmon - Failed to install hcmon driver”

When installing the latest vSphere Client 6.0 on my Windows 10 computer, I got the following error “VMInstallHcmon – Failed to install hcmon driver”

Troubleshooting

  • Try KB2006486. But I don’t see Non-Plug and Play Drivers and VMware hcmon on my Windows 10 computer
  • Try renaming the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\hcmon.sys file. Still get the same error

Solution

  • On my laptop, vSphere Client 5.5 and 6.0 (older build), and their respective Update Manager plug-in are installed
  • Remove these older clients and plug-ins
  • vSphere Client 6.0 installation completes successfully

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use WinSCP to Transfer Files in vCSA 6.7

This is a quick update on my previous post “ Use WinSCP to Transfer Files in vCSA 6.5 ”. When I try the same SFTP server setting in vCSA 6.7...